Sunday, August 31, 2008

Slack-lining

Earlier this spring, Elizabeth's sister Carrie came to visit. Her husband Carson brought with them his slack line. He had me try it and I was hooked. So for my birthday, Elizabeth got me a slack line kit. It has been sort of rainy since then, so I've only been able to set it up a few times, but Thursday Elizabeth's sister Vanessa came down and we took the slack line to the park. Everyone tried it out, but it takes a long time to get a feel for balancing on a piece of bouncy one-inch webbing (I practiced on Carson's slack line for a couple of hours before I could take more than one step without falling off). Even though no one was able to walk the line by herself, I think everyone had fun trying.








3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Isn't there any way you can photo shop yourself out of the pictures of us leaning on you. I would feel so much better about myself. No really, thanks for a great afternoon. Slack Lining and Driving a Tractor. What more could anyone want.

Joal said...

It would have looked a lot cooler if I weren't in these pictures. I was thinking of Photoshopping myself out, but I had two concerns that stopped me from doing it:

1) In place of my body, there would be a weird-looking, human-shaped green blob that would be Photoshopped into the photo in place of me.

2) People might think it cruel and dangerous to make kids walk by themselves across a 4-foot-high piece of rope.

tanyamae said...

i think both of the above listed alternatives are pretty awesome.

and...

p.s.

what amazing patients you have... you tried for a few hours and liked enough to want your own... i usually am only into it for a few tries... usually blame my lack of balance on the scoliosis... and that is only with a weird-looking, human-shaped green blob to lean on.